Thursday, November 1, 2012

SOCIAL MEDIA

SOCIAL MEDIA
Do you use Social Media to find people - for example "Facebook and Twitter", I am sure whether it be a family member or an old school friend at one time or other you have searched someones name online. Over the years I have searched for people online who have applied for a position with my company and on some occasions I have found things that have caused people to loose the chance of a second interview or even a job offer. You have to be very careful what you put on your Social Media page you want nothing to effect you from landing the perfect job.

Some tips to follow
1. Always opt for the highest privacy settings available on your media page
2. Remove any harsh words said about your boss, work colleagues or even friends
3. Remove any pictures that could be seen as inappropriate of you
4. If you have been tagged in a photo that appears to show a very unflattering side of you remove it.

No comments:

Post a Comment